How safe AliExpress is?
Thinking about shopping on Aliexpress? But want to ensure your own safety first?
In this article you’ll learn about how safe Aliexpress is and some
tips to stay safe shopping on Aliexpress.
Now let’s get started! First of all is Aliexpress legit?
Aliexpress is owned and run by the Alibaba Group, which is one of the largest retail and e-commerce companies in the world.
So Aliexpress is definitely legit. The reason the legitimacy of Aliexpress may come into question revolves around whether its users conduct business in a legal and reliable manner.
So how safe is shopping on Aliexpress?
Aliexpress is safe to buy from if you use common sense. If your order arrives and isn’t quite right, you can get a refund or exchange. However is still possible for sellers to be running scams on Aliexpress, especially if they advertise brand name products for very low prices.
Next, let’s go over five tips for shopping safely on Aliexpress.
1. Check the sellers feedback and reviews before buying anything from them. See
what other people have said about items they have ordered from a particular
seller before you buy from them. Seller reviews are generally a reliable indication of what you can expect from a seller.
2. If a price seems too good to be true, it likely is. If you see an item with the price that seems unreasonably low, look around to compare prices of other similar items on Aliexpress, or other online stores. If the price of an item is way lower than what is being sold for elsewhere, chances are the seller is trying to scam people. Be especially cautious when buying popular brand name items.
3. Never give a seller your personal information. If a seller on Aliexpress ever directly asks you for your personal information, or direct you to another website, don’t do it! You can also report the seller to Aliexpress if you ever experienced something like this.
4. Never directly pay a seller for an item. Seller should not be asking you to complete your transaction outside of Aliexpress. This could leave you vulnerable to being scammed or having your information stolen.
5. Never confirm delivery of an item before you actually receive it. Wait until you receive your order and check over the items carefully before confirming delivery.
Those are all the best tips for how to stay safe shopping on Aliexpress.
If you’re interested in trying some alternatives to Aliexpress. Check out our
site for another Aliexpress article.